Step by step Installation procedure of SharePoint 2010 installation
Before installing SharePoint 2010, you have to install SharePoint pre-requisite. It can be done either install pre-requisite manually or do it while installing 2010 through GUI.
List of Prerequisites Software
- Windows server 2008 with SP 2 / Windows 7 / Vista (All OS must be 64bit)
- Windows 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2008 KB971831
- WCF Fix article for Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 7 KB976462
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Native Client
- Microsoft “Geneva” Framework Runtime
- Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v1.0 (x64)
- Microsoft Chart Controls for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services ADOMD.NET
- PowerShell V2 RTM
- SQL Server 2008 SP1
- .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (Full Package) KB959209 KB967190
You can download separately and install them.
click Install Software prerequisites… if you have not installed earlier
Once your Pre-requisite “Installation Complete”, click “Install SharePoint Server” link
Enter the Product key. You can get the trial key from Microsoft site. If you are installing sharepoint for learning you can
get trial key from:
click I accept and start Installation:
Select Standalone option, if you are installing with SQL Express 2008 server. If you are installing SQL Server 2008
separately and SharePoint 2010 farm servers, then select Server Farm option. I have used Server farm option option.
Select the below configuration, acc to requirement
Following binaries will be installed. Instead of 12hive as in MOSS 2007 , SharePoint 2010 install 14hive
Configuration wizard will start directly if the option is checked in setup, Else you can also run it manually.
click “Yes” to start IIS and SharePoint Admin, Timer service.
Sharepoint 2010 farm cannot be installed without Active directory. Stand alone mode can work without AD.
Now need to configure AD first
To install AD ,you can follow this blog
After installing AD, you have to again run the configuration wizard and reach till this step.
Specify the port number on your choice and requirement
Configuration wizard continue 2 of 10 tasks and if everything is ok, the system will display the following screen.
Congratulations… SharePoint 2010. Installed successfully
System will launch SharePoint 2010 Central Administration screen…
Feel free to Rate and provide feedback if you find post useful
Hope this help..